New Caregiver Immigration Programs
We are excited to announce two new caregiver immigration programs. The Home Child Care Provider and Home Support Worker pilots are now open and accepting applications.
Both programs will provide a work permit to caregivers who meet the following criteria:
1) Job offer in Canada.
2) Language tests results meeting CLB.
3) Canadian post-secondary education or the foreign equivalent.
4) Admissible to Canada.
Caregivers already working in Canada on a work permit who meet the criteria may also apply for permanent residence through one of the new programs.
Important changes to the new programs:
1) Occupation-specific work permits instead of employer-specific work permits. This change will allow caregivers to change employers;
2) Caregiver’s immediate family will also be entitled to open work permits and/or study permits;
3) Employers hiring caregiver overseas will no longer need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
The two new programs can take up to 12-months for standard processing of work permit applications. Additionally, once a caregiver has accumulated the required work experience, there is an additional 6-months for the processing of the permanent residence application.
Both programs offer “a clear transition from temporary to permanent status” for caregivers and their families once a caregiver has accumulated the required work experience.
If you are interested in either program we encourage you to take a couple minutes of your time to fill out our Free Assessment. Once we have reviewed your opportunities our Licensed Immigration Consultant will be available to discuss these findings with you.
What you can expect from us:
1) You will not have to navigate the Canadian immigration system.
2) You will have more time to do other things as we manage your application for you.
3) We will submit a complete, accurate and professional application on your behalf.
4) You will receive representation, guidance and support through the entire process.
5) We will work to minimize the effort required by you to quickly settle in Canada by organizing the information you will need once you are approved.